On 02/25/10 00:12, Dima Panov wrote:
On Thursday 25 February 2010 14:47:08 Jimmie James wrote:
On 02/24/10 23:28, Adam Vande More wrote:
On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 12:11 PM, Jimmie James<jimmie...@gmail.com

<mailto:jimmie...@gmail.com>>  wrote:
     On a freshly installed 8-STABLE box (4 days old) and up to date
     ports, KDE4 will not install for me, always the same errors. I've
     even removed all ports and reinstalled from scratch and hit the same
     errors. I have no /etc/make.conf. I'm at a loss here, I have no idea
     why this is happening.
     I even did a  portupgrade -fRru python26  and tried portmaster, and
     plain old make in the ports that fail.

As for you error, I don't know what happened.  I used to see those
happen on a massive upgrade when using portupgrade.  I recommend
portmaster.  Somehow python didn't get installed correctly because
/usr/local/include/python2.6/Python.h should exist if python is
correctly installed.

--
Adam Vande More

Thanks for the reply,

Haven't got around to testing X yet, but on 7.2-STABLE it works fine, so
I'm not too worried about that. It's the python and pth errors that are
killing me.

   /usr/local/include/python2.6/Python.h  is there, seems correctly
installed.  Even installing with portmaster and plain old make install
it _still_ hits those errors of not finding the headers.
checking for /usr/local/bin/python2.6 version... 2.6
checking for /usr/local/bin/python2.6 platform... freebsd8
checking for /usr/local/bin/python2.6 script directory...
${prefix}/lib/python2.
6/site-packages
checking for /usr/local/bin/python2.6 extension module directory...
${exec_prefix}/lib/python2.6/site-packages
checking for headers required to compile python extensions... not found
configure: error: Python headers not found

As well as /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpth

Doh. Please, don't build python againist pth library, it's broken, and off by
default.

That got it, rebuilding python without pth made almost everything build. A few parts of KDE4 refuse to build because of "ImportError: no module named sipconfig" which I'm looking into now.

Thanks for the help!