On Mar 6, 2010, at 1:57 AM, Pongthep Kulkrisada wrote:
So your system is approx. 4 months old, despite you cvsup-ping?

I don't know what do you mean.
Normally, FBSD issues new STABLE RELEASE once a year (approx).
Whenever new release or new branch is available,
I shall do either wget iso images, or cvsup/csup and buildworld.
The time between RELEASEs, there are patches.
But FBSD teams stated that those patches are not well tested comparing to RELEASE. So I do not update the system until new STABLE RELEASE is available again.

Things going into -CURRENT may not be "well tested", but anything being merged back to -STABLE ought to be. Humans make mistakes, but I can't recall more than two or maybe three significant issues over a decade tracking -STABLE, and these were fixed in a matter of hours. If you do care about this level of precision, you should be building to a test platform and then running sanity checks for whatever your machines do before upgrading production boxes, anyway.

Beyond that, however, you ought to consider tracking the security branch, ie, RELENG_8_0, rather than 8-STABLE aka RELENG_8, as the former does include recommended changes like security bugfixes, but avoids merging in anything which has not been "well tested".

Regards,
--
-Chuck