I have been following a number of GPT and ZFS docs on the web. I intend to run UFS with GPT.
I have partitioned the drive.  I installed the bootcode using:

   gpart bootcode -b /dist/boot/pmbr -p /dist/boot/gptboot -i 1 ad4

ad4p1 is a 1 MB partition with nothing in it and type=freebsd-boot. The root device is ad4p2 with binaries and kernel already installed. When I boot I get an error message:

   boot loader too large

I am not sure what stage of the boot process this occurs in. I do not see any of the familiar boot0 or boot1 prompts. I tried installing mbr, boot0, and boot1 just to see what would happen. I didn't expect them to boot assuming that they are GPT unaware. I did get some familiar prompts/errors. I at least confirmed that I was managing to get the bootcode installed.

Is there any documentation on the new GPT boot process yet? I am curious how the PMBR knows to pass control to the boot partition, and then on the to root partition's /boot/loader.

Thanks,
Jason