I am currently using FreeNAS 0.7 for a file server.  I have multiple SSH
bruteforce attacks each week, and wish to use fail2ban to prevent this.

I don't have much experience with BSD, and am having trouble getting everything
to work.  I ran pkg_add -r python25 and pkg_add -r py25-fail2ban.  I now have
all the files for Fail2Ban, and did the cp jail.conf jail.local as the other
distro's for linux use.

However, how do I start using fail2ban?  I have configured it for CentOS and
Ubuntu, and it starts in init.d.  I don't know how to add it to /etc/rc.d to
get it to work correctly..

Any help is greatly appreciated.  If you need more info, please let me know.

Aaron
Software Research Intern
aaron.j.ba...@saic.com