Running: FreeBSD caduceus.wingfoot.org 8.0-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD
8.0-RELEASE-p2 #42: Fri May  7 19:22:48 EDT 2010
r...@caduceus.wingfoot.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SANDALS  amd64

I'm getting a route added upon reboot with the hostname of the box,
going to lo0.

It's preventing things like, pinging itself. I can manually delete the
route, but.. where is it being set to begin with?!

Internet:
Destination        Gateway            Flags    Refs      Use  Netif Expire
default            ip-66-80-251-65.ny UGS        17       50   nfe0
66.80.251.64/26    link#1             U           0        0   nfe0
caduceus           link#1             UHS         0        7    lo0
(much snippage)
localhost          link#2             UH          0        0    lo0

Nothing's changed in my /etc/rc.conf from when I was running
7.2-RELEASE... This behavior didn't happen with 7.2. And, I don't see
anything in /usr/src/UPDATING that seems relevant (unless, naturally,
I'm missing something). My google-fu keeps bringing me to the handbook,
but I don't see anything useful in there that might apply.

If I restart netif, the mysterious "caduceus" route pops up again.

If someone can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!
Best,
--Glenn