Olivier GARNIER wrote:
Hi,

I've got an old workstation wich i use to have FreeBSD server on it (http/samba/ 4 disk on RAID) It's summer time and the old workstation will not work at the end the summer time (too warm for it)

So ii wish to change it.
I don't need a big server, a tiny workstation will be enough.
I wish a inter CPU and dell construction (i'm use to use there work)
So herre is the question :

If you have dell computer (wich is still sold by dell) and if you're working with FreeBSD on it with no more problem, can you tell me witch computer you have ? (it would be great to have the same list as laptop (*laptop*.bsdgroup.de) For workstation and server ...)

Thanks

Olivier

Aloha Oliver,

For what it's worth. Make sure the case has plenty of ventilation and a couple of fans. We just had to replace an older case housing new mobo etc. with case with a front fan as well as the big side one and one on the back. Many of the "newer" CPU's need more cooling. Both Intel and AMD.

  + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
  + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD  7.2 - 8.0 - 9* +
  < email: n...@hdk5.net >