Ed Flecko wrote:
Hi folks,
I'm looking at the ezjail.conf file, and it seems like SOME of the
settings might be mandatory, but they're all commented out.

For example, the:

# ezjail_mount_enable="YES"
# ezjail_devfs_enable="YES"
# ezjail_devfs_ruleset="devfsrules_jail"
# ezjail_procfs_enable="YES"
# ezjail_fdescfs_enable="YES"

should be uncommented because they're "Default options for newly
created jails", right?

Are there any of the other settings I might want to consider enabling?

Thank you,
Ed
Of course their commented out. Those are the default settings
hard coded in the ezjail-admin script.

You have no need to ever change those. Leave the conf file alone. Messing with it will only cause you problems.

And I suggest you leave that dinosaur ezjail to it death and move on to its replacement, qjail. Which is a complete rewrite of ezjail, fixing all of its long time bugs and adding many new features.