On 07/21/2010 09:55, Peter Holm wrote:
I urge you to build a debug kernel and report the details of the
problem. If you have a specific test scenario I'd be happy to try and
reproduce it.

I just updated the kernel to RC2, if I get one more freeze I will rebuild and run it as debug.

BTW are there instructions how to build debug kernel (8.1) ?
Somehow googling "building debug FreeBSD kernel" doesn't fetch instructions for *debug* kernel, it only fetches instructions for just kernel which I do frequently. I know there should be WITNESS and DIAGNOSTIC options enabled, also coredumps should be enabled. But are there step by step instructions online?

Also when the system freezes will it dump core? Or how do I make it to dump core if there is no SEGV?

Yuri