Scott Bennett wrote:
     On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 05:27:49 -0400 Michael Powell <nightre...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
Scott Bennett wrote:

     I have tried all of the versions of OpenOffice.org that are currently
in the ports tree on a 7.3-STABLE system, and all of them fail to build to
completion.  Is there somewhere that I can find one that actually works?
Or at least some alternative package that will build and work on a FreeBSD
7.3-STABLE system?  No packages appear to be available for these ports.
(Transcripts of the failed builds are available on request.)
     And what would be available if I were to upgrade my system to
     8.1-STABLE? Thanks in advance for any help!

Might try pre-built packages and see if they might work for you. No

     As I noted previously, there do not appear to be any packages available
for 7.3, or at least portmaster doesn't find any.

You could try asking here:
http://freebsd-custom.wikidot.com/ or check the downloads-page

Chris