On Thursday 23 September 2010, Adam Vande More wrote:

> If you tried on KDE 4.1, 4.2, then yes things have improved a lot.
>  4.3 was pretty big update in terms of stability, and 4.4 has been
> far more solid than not.  All the base KDE apps seem to work
> appropriately, at least the ones I use.  However in my use while KDE4
> was unstable early, it was always faster than 3 at least when an app
> wasn't hung ;).  Also for me, I went back and forth between 3 and 4
> several times before finally sticking with 4.  The UI does take some
> getting used too.

I think the version I tried was 4.3.1 so it looks like it might be worth
giving 4.4 a try on my spare partition.

My other problem with upgrading KDE is that I'd like to run both
versions for a while until I'm happy, dual booting into one of 2
different FreeBSD systems but using the same /home partition. KMail
seems to use different directories for storing mail for versions 3 and
4 so how do I go about being able to access all my mail from both
systems?

--
Mike Clarke