Hi!

First of all, thanx for your answer!

> Doesn't really matter, most "weird-brand" PS/2 mice these days either use
> some odd Logitech or MS IntelliMouse Explorer PS/2 compatible protocol. I
> have a Sahara mouse (completely unknown outside South Africa) which works
> perfectly.

Hope mine will have the wheel working someday :)

> #/etc/rc.conf:
> moused_enable="YES"
> moused_port="/dev/psm0"
> moused_type="auto"
> moused_flags="-z 4"

Should the mouse's wheel work on console ?
Because I can move the cursor (as I could before) but the wheel is not working...

> Pay special attention to the -z flag, you'll see why just a few paragraphs
> down...

I checked the man!

> #/etc/X11/XF86Config:
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier  "Mouse0"
>         Driver      "mouse"
>         Option      "Protocol" "auto"
>         Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
>         Option      "Buttons" "7"
>         Option      "SampleRate" "1500"
>         Option      "Resolution" "1024"
> EndSection

Wheel still not working under X.

> The sample rate and
> resolution tweaks are there because my mouse is optical, and they help a
> great deal. If your mouse is optical, check its manual for optimal
> settings, if it's rubber ball mechanics, you should be able to take those
> out completely.

I received no manual with it. It's real some kind of noname hardware!

> Note the absence of ZAxisMapping. This is because it's nolonger needed if
> you pass the -z switch to moused(8), which is the proper way of doing this
> on BSD these days. A setting of -z 4 means to map buttons 4 and 5, you can
> have finer controle over this too, check the moused(8) man page for
> details.

OK Didn't know that!

Thanx again and hope someone will be able to help :)

--
Pierrick Brossin
IT Swiss - QUARK Media House