On Mon, 18 Oct 2010, Gary Kline wrote:

r...@ethic:/usr/local/www/apache22/data# php
PHP Warning:  Module 'mysql' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Module 'session' already loaded in Unknown on line 0

        Does this mean anything obvious to you?  I have my mysql notes
        on two other computers and will dig into the matter in the
        morning.  IIRC, the mysql stuff shouldn't have any effect on a
        counter.

It means a module is listed twice in extensions.ini (usually in
/usr/local/etc/ )  Make the message go away by removing redundant entries
manually or with sort -u.  This warning should be harmless in execution and
usually is only a bother when running command-line one-liners.

Unfortunately, many of the php module ports add themselves to
extensions.ini without checking whether they are already there.  After a few
upgrades you may have many entries for some modules.

Whatever is really wrong with your php, this isn't it.  As I said, harmless,
and generally not noticed except at the command line.

--
Lars Eighner
http://www.larseighner.com/index.html