On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 11:14:49AM -0700, Chip Camden wrote:

> Yes, that seems to be the sticking point.  The only option appears to be
> doing without gimp, gnumeric, and dia, which all depend upon libgnomeui.
> Any Gnome-free alternatives out there?

I don't use anything like gnumeric or dia, generally, but an alternative
to GIMP is Cinepaint.  I don't *think* it requires libgnomeui.  It has
some, err, "quirks", but they're trade-offs rather than pure negatives,
because Cinepaint does a number of things better than the GIMP.  Among
the things it does better are start and operate quickly; where the GIMP
often takes an interminably long time to do simple things (like open an
image), Cinepaint is pretty snappy by comparison.  The interface is
occasionally a bit glitchy, though.