On 27/05/2011 20:50, Warren Block wrote:
On Fri, 27 May 2011, Warren Block wrote:

On Fri, 27 May 2011, David Demelier wrote:

Hello,

I have a USB keyboard that use uhid for multimedia keys, it works
pretty well with usbhidaction but I need to run the command by hand
each time.

Because I also have gamepad that are uhid too, I would like to get
the vendor and product id of this keyboard uhid to match the good hid
device with devd and do not try to run usbhidaction on the gamepad.

usbconfig need ugenx.y to deal with vendor and product id so how can
I know the vendor and product id of my uhid device ?

devd returns a device-name value. I thought there was an example in
the scanner section of the Handbook, but no. A rough example:

attach 20 {
device-name "ugen[0-9].[0-9]";
match "vendor" "0x09999";
match "product" "0x9999";
action "/usr/bin/usbhidaction $device-name ...";
};

Which should be "-f $device-name"...

In fact I successfully done it working with :

attach 100 {
device-name "uhid[0-9]+";

        match "vendor"  "0x046e";
        match "product" "0x55a5";
action "/usr/bin/usbhidaction -f $device-name -c /etc/usbhidaction.conf";
};

I saw the vendor and product id using usbconfig show_ifdrv :

ugen0.3.1: uhid0: <BTC USB Multimedia Keyboard, class 0/0, rev 1.10/1.20, addr 3>

Cheers,

--
David Demelier