Now, I wrestling with the apache2 and apr0 issue. The apache port Makefile wants apr0, but it now has vulnablilities. Ports UPDATING says to do this
with apr:
- remove apache2 and then: portupgrade -f -o devel/apr1 devel/apr
...and then reinstall apache2. That didn't work because the Makefile in apache still wants apr0. I changed the Makefile to apr1 but the build failed after it looked again for that apr0 later in the build. I didn't
find another call for apr0.

Apache 2, not Apache 2.2? Could you consider upgrade - haven't had any problems with that version in several years now. Of course, everything depending on apache needs recompile afterwards.

-Reko