On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 08:08:38 +0100 (BST), "james" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
said:
> Hi
[snip]
> As to Jud's problem, well, all you should have to do is get your windows
> host on
> the network any way you need, then use NAT on VMware. You'll then have a
> virtual network card on the guest OS - use DHCP to configure it, and well
> it
> just works.

Ah - since I've always accessed the Net via dialup, DHCP and network
cards (virtual or otherwise) are entirely new to me.  Yet another
opportunity to learn, which is a large part of what I enjoy (and what
sometimes frustrates me as well) about FreeBSD.

> There's no need at all to configure PPP on the guest OS - it just uses
> the
> host't TCP/IP stack, regardless of if it's PPP, ethernet, or avian
> carrier
> protocol.

Here, Pidgie, Pidgie, Pidgie....   ;-)

Jud