On 21/07/2011 18:00, Chad Perrin wrote:
I suspect those drivers are the drivers that have *survived*. I saw hardware suddenly stop working because of driver issues just between SP1 and SP2 of XP -- including, in one case, the hard drive that had the OS on it. The system would start booting, then unload the driver because it was not "compatible", thus losing contact with the very hard drive from which it was loading the OS. Maybe I was just lucky, though.

Obviously Microsoft does introduce new driver technologies with new OS releases: there was a new video architecture in Vista, for example. However, they do seem rather good at supporting older technologies such as TDI, and I suspect those drivers that fail aren't very well written.

--
Bruce Cran