On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 20:05:12 -0500, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> @ all,
>
> I restarted machine and I can print from command line :)
>
> [olivares@quadcore ~/Documents]$ cat Document1.txt |  lpr -P Deskjet
> [olivares@quadcore ~/Documents]$ lpq -a
> Deskjet:
> Deskjet is ready and printing
> Rank   Owner      Job  Files                                 Total Size
> active olivares   2    (standard input)                      10405 bytes
>
> [olivares@quadcore ~/Documents]$
>
> Now how do I configure apps like Firefox, evince, LibreOffice to print?

No need to do that. Basically, the default options
should be fine. However, _some_ programs require you
to set paper format or margins.

For actual _printing_, there is no need for any
configuration. Programs will address the default
printing queue (lp, or whatever $PRINTER says).

If your printer is "Deskjet", add

        setenv PRINTER Deskjet

to /etc/csh.cshrc for systemwide use (all users),
or whatever your default shell is. You can also
use login.conf to set this environmental variable.

I suggest to do so because if _not_ done, you'd
have to add "-P Deskjet" in too many places. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany