On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 10:34:46 -0500, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> I have made the changes, but the printer does not print :(

You can always check

        $ echo $PRINTER

which should give you the correct printer name, as
you did correctly show. Make sure upper/lowercase
matches exactly.

When you now use any lp* command, they should
refer to $PRINTER.

        $ lpq
        no entries

And as well:

        $ lpr /etc/rc.conf

should print the specified file and place its entry
into the correct printer's queue.

> from firefox.
> I might ``try the /etc/csh.cshrc for system-
> wide use'' option :) and get back

In Firefox (at least here in the old 2.0.0.20_9,1 versio
as I _hardly_ use it), the printing dialog contains a
way to specify the printer directly (as some other
programs also do, but setting a printer name _for each
application_ just sounds wrong).

Go: File -> Print..., then Properties, where you'll
find Print Coommand:

        lpr ${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME:+'-P'}${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME}

So you _could_ do some customization here - but it
sounds no good to do that. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany