On 01/29/12 18:56, Matthew Seaman wrote:
On 29/01/2012 08:11, Da Rock wrote:
Thanks for the help guys. I've stepped away from php for security
reasons; and the fact that I can integrate perl right into apache with
mod_perl.
Verb. Sap.

Checkout PSGI if you're doing web-based perl things.  See
http://plackperl.org/

It means you can code up your web app using the Plack API using a simple
built-in HTTP server and then deploy to your production systems using
full-on mod_perl and apache.  Or mod_psgi and apache.  Or any one of
about twenty different combinations -- whatever web server, plugin
module, toolkit, etc. you already have deployed.
Thanks Matthew. I'll look into that at some point, but I'm not entirely sure it will be necessary in my situation.

I finally decided to scrap Mail::Box and go with Mail::IMAPClient instead as suggested (I didn't even bother with the workaround), and it worked immediately! So I'm stoked... much simpler to use. Should have called it Mail::IMAPSimple instead :)

All that googling for nought! Mail::IMAPClient never really came up as a contender when searching perl imap - it was all about Mail::Box. Weird...

Cheers