>________________________________

Hi Lee, you could ask this same question on a Linux (or better, Ubuntu)
forum/mailing list, surely you'll receive more answers, then you can see if the
CAD apps used by them will run on FreeBSD (I'm quite sure them will work).

Why I say a Linux forum is better for this? because I don't know any
non-computer-geek who uses FreeBSD, but there are a lot of Architects/Graphic
Artists using Linux, and specially Ubuntu right now.

Leonardo M. Ramé
http://leonardorame.blogspot.com