* Chris Whitehouse <cwhi...@onetel.com> [130502 12:00]:
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 18:48:35 +0100
From: Chris Whitehouse <cwhi...@onetel.com>
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: Linksys WPC54g NDIS compiles but doesn't work?
Sender: owner-freebsd-questi...@freebsd.org

On 02/05/2013 16:02, Steven wrote:
Hello,

I posted this once already, but I wasn't subscribed at the time and
I don't think it got posted to the list. Hopefully this isn't a
dupe.

I've installed FreeBSD 9.1 RELEASE on a family member's laptop, a
Toshiba Satellite 5100. Said member was using a Linksys WPC54g v.4
pcicard for wireless. I downloaded the v.4 drivers for the card
from the Cisco website and was able to use ndisgen to build a
wrapper for the driver.

Hi,

I have a PCMCIA WPC54g V5 which works with malo(4). It might work with your V4. You need to download some firmware - see the man page.

Chris

Thanks, I doubted your suggestion would work seeing that malo(4) is
about running cards with the Marvell Libertas chipsets and my card has the chipset below.

none3@pci0:5:0:0: class=0x020000 card=0x00291737 chip=0x222017fe
rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
vendor = 'InProComm Inc.'
device = 'IPN 2220 802.11g'
class = network
subclass = ethernet

I gave it a shot anyhow, but unfortunately it doesn't work.  Thanks
anyhow, and I'm still open to other suggestions.

--
W. Steven Schneider  <steven_schnei...@incentre.net>