Today I updated several systems against stable/9 that had not bee updated in ~five months. Two of the systems are serviced by LSI 2008 controllers with a RAID1 array housing the operating system.

These systems no longer properly boot.

Specifically, they begin the boot process but bomb when they try to mount root. Neither system sees the GPT partitions of the boot disk at the "mountroot>" prompt. On one system I replaced the hard disks, repartitioned, and reinstalled but the problem continued.

I don't see any mention of geom or controller update in UPDATING but I know they have been updated because I saw their revisions fly actross my screen during the svn update. Also, I am running IR vers 16 on my controllers, which is the latest version of LSI firmware.

Is there some new action I have to take to sucessfully boot LSI disks against the updated kernel?