On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 12:09 PM, Warren Block <wbl...@wonkity.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Oct 2013, Antonio Olivares wrote:
>
>> Have tried that, but it rebuilds pixman, but then X bombs out blurting
>> out messages that lib....pixman.so is missing :(
>>
>> I have tried to remove print/texlive-scheme-full; removed it, but then
>> run portmaster -R pixman, and portmaster -r pixman and the running of
>> it stops with message that !#/bin/sh .. argument too long and comes up
>> with texlive-?????-?????-_1 or similar.  Have not been successful in
>> fixing this issue.  I have 2 machines working and 2 not working
>> because of this.  I am running out of ideas.  Is there another way to
>> fix this issue manually, i.e, going to /usr/ports/x11/pixman and
>> rebuilding it there or have to go one by one?
>

> Careful: -R has a different meaning with portmaster than it does with
> portupgrade.  It does not mean "recursive" like lowercase "-r".
>
> pkg_libchk from sysutils/bsdadminscripts can be used to detect installed
> ports that depend on missing libraries.  From that, it may be possible to
> just give a list of all the ones that are missing pixman to portmaster.

Dear all,

It appears that using
# portmaster -d -r pixman -x 'texlive-*-*'
is doing the job :)  I am keeping my fingers crossed and hope it comes
through and succeeds!

It stopped with libexo, but got that sorted out.  Then stopped with
mplayer*, but I am skipping it at this time.  -x 'mplayer-*'  and hope
it succeeds, I'll then rebuild mplayer later if needed.

Best Regards,

Antonio