On June 16, 2003 04:35 pm, Valerie Andrewlevich wrote:

"Free" has another (IMHO more important) meaning as well: FreeBSD is free of
many of the licensing restrictions attached to commercial OSes. You're
essentially free to install it on as many boxes as you want; no draconian
"product activation" nonsense here. Got programming skills? Modify part or
all of the OS to suit your needs.

Aye it's a thing of beauty...Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy just thinking
about it.