From: "Scott Kupferschmidt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Alfonso Romero" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "freebsd-questions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 9:55 PM
Subject: Re: Two DNS servers with one IP address

> Hello,
>
> It certainly is possible to register two nameservers
> with the same IP address.  While it serves no real
> purpose to do so, if you require 2 NS's
> then you can.  Check with your registrar.
> We do that here on our virtual servers
> just because it's easier and really,
> if the server goes down, that's it.  No
> point in having the DNS up if the entire
>server is down for us.

Well, that might depend on your TTL's
and the speed of the repair boyz in the NOC...
:-)

Keep in mind that the world will consider your DNS
"broken" if you do this.  DNS reporting services
will flag you if your 2 servers on are the same
*subnet*, much less the same IP addy...

Obviously, what people think is of little concern
in your situation, I'm guessing....

Kevin Kinsey