Rod Person wrote:
ok,

when trying to make a nfs connect to the server, I get the following
error.

NFSPROC_NULL: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refused

Nothing is written in /var/messages on the server. So I'm not sure what
to do.

I tried starting nfsiod on the client and still the same error. I'm
assuming this is a client problem and not a server problem.

Googling this error return nothing of use. So I'm stuck at what to look
at now.

The Client is a FreeBSD 4.8-stable laptop and the Server is 4.7.

IPFW rules on the server? Is the /etc/exports file on the server configured to deny certain hosts? Try running nmap from the client to see if it sees ports 111, 1022, 1023 open. If not, it's a packet filter somewhere or the required services aren't running.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies