stan wrote:
On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 01:52:43PM -0400, Bill Moran wrote:

stan wrote:

I'm trying to get a new laptop set up for a quick out of town trip.

Can anyone help me with the ppp.conf syntax to clear/replace an existing
default rout for the duration of a ppp linkup?

That is, the machine starts off with a default route, which I want to
delete and replace with the ppp route for the duration of the conection.
Then I wnat to put the orignal route back.

Sugestions?

Please forgive me if I'm saying something you already know.

The default ppp.conf file has a line:
add default HISADDR
Which should do what you want.
I'm not 100% sure that this will actually "delete" a previous route.

That's the issue. It will not. Yo get an error message about route 0.0.0.0
already existing.

Acording to the ppp.conf man page the line
 delete default
 or
 delete ALL

_should work, but I'm having troubel getting them to work for me.

Hmmm ... it's been a while, but ...

Doesn't ppp have a scripting interface?  If so, you should be able to run
a script that does 'route delete default'?

Just thinking out loud.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies