Mark wrote:
Ok, I bought a new 80G hard disk, for backups. I added it on the second IDE.
But now, when I ran FDISK and the Label program (booted from CD), it will
not allow me to just add /backup as mount point, and says it wants a root +
swap partition too. :( I did "W" when writing out the info, but still,
/etc/fstab is unchanged.

All I want is to add the new hard disk as mount point /backup. Please, tell
me how to do this.

If you've managed to partition and newfs the disk, then just manually add the line to /etc/fstab. If not, read the handbook section on adding new disks. It's got all the information you'll need.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies