On Sunday, Jul 13, 2003, at 21:04 US/Pacific, David Loszewski wrote:

On Sun, 2003-07-13 at 07:19, Scott Mitchell wrote:
On Sat, Jul 12, 2003 at 04:23:50PM -0500, David Loszewski wrote:
On Sat, 2003-07-12 at 15:04, lewiz wrote:
On Sat, Jul 12, 2003 at 03:33:40PM -0500, David Loszewski wrote:
squirrelmail on my webserver. Once I grab my mail using one of these
webmail clients it's as if it's actually popping the mail from the
mailserver instead of just imapping it so when i go to my desktop mail
client it says I have no mail yet unless I have not used the webmail

At a guess I suspect there's confusion between the IMAP and non-IMAP clients as to where the mail spool is and who owns it. The UW-IMAP server will, by default, take the mail from the spool and put it in the user directory as an mbox file - but it can be doing a lot of different things.

Just a thought. FYI - I use UW-IMAP, and successfully access my mail from Squirrelmail, pine, OS X's Mail program, and Outlook Express, depending on what computer I'm on. All works as one would hope WRT new messages showing as new, deleted messages ending up in the right folder, etc. So it *can* work.

KeS