On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 00:34:12 -0600 "Daryl Hunt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am an extreme newbie at FreeBSD. I have it installed but when I go into
the Xserver in either of the two GUIs I get a weird mouse that seems to only
be able to stay on the very top of the screen and has no vertical movement.

I have it setup on Auto and PS/2 Busmouse settings.  It works when the
config is run from the command line but it blows up like I described upon
entering the GUI (i.e. KDE)

Beyond the obvious stuff, you might want to verify your video card setup. I had similar weirdness from an inaccurate chipset definition once. (mouse worked flawlessly from the command line...)

Good Luck,
Clayton