Man, I'm behind on my list mail.

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 02:31:22PM -0400, Bill Moran wrote:

> Ian Barnes wrote:
> >
> >What is the cvsup tag for the 5 branch? RELENG_5 doesnt work.
>
> RELENG_5_1 for the 5.1-RELEASE critical updates
> . for the bleeding-edge -CURRENT update (yes that's  a '.')
>
> If you look in /usr/share/examples/cvsup there are several example cvsup
> files.  The one called 'standard-supfile' should get you -CURRENT.

I just did a 5.1 install from CD and shot myself in the foot because
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile has a default tag of RELENG_4
which I didn't see until after I had run a `make update`.  Presumably
this is an error and it should really be RELENG_5_1 (and ditto for 5.0,
which also defaulted to RELENG_4).

Lesson for the day: READ EVERYTHING.  ;-)

--
  Paul Chvostek                                             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Operations / Abuse / Whatever