On Monday 11 August 2003 07:18 pm, Matthew Graybosch wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 22:07, David Johnson wrote:
> > I don't see anything obvious in the error log either. What is the
> > output of "lpstat -v -l -p [printername]"? On my working C82, the
> > relevant lines are:
> >
> > device for stylus: usb:/dev/unlpt0
> > Connection: direct
> > Interface: /usr/local/etc/cups/ppd/stylus.ppd
>
> Here's my lpstat output. I'd better check the CUPS manual and read up
> on how to manually specify a PPD file.
>
> device for inkjet0: usb:/dev/ulpt0

Your ppd file is the same as mine. The only notable differences I can
see in the output of lpstat is that you're using /dev/ulpt0 and I'm
using /dev/unlpt0. So I tried using /dev/ulpt0 as well. I'm still
getting correct output.

This is strange. Sorry I can't help you any more.

p.s. One thing I did notice was that I had to restart CUPS before I
could add another printer.

--
David Johnson