----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Farkas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Markie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Mark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Ruben de Groot" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 3:20 PM
Subject: Re: Restricting ICMP

> > Is it? I thought it was setuid root for a reason :o)
> > I just woke up, so it may well be I am just being stupid :o)
>
> Well, I didn't know ping needed suid. I stand corrected and
> apologise for any misleadings.
>
> /me is the stupid one... time to go to bed :)

If it makes you feel any better, I feel rather stupid too. :) Here I was,
thinking: "Hmm, chmod g+s, as means of allowing only folks in wheel access,
is not going to work;" whereas the glaringly obvious solution: to remove
execution-bits from "o" using chmod 4550, for some bizarre reason, escaped
me. :)

/me, feeling stupid too.

- Mark