I'm trying to get Gnome 2 up and running on a TABLE machine. I've built the
gnome2 port, and I'm getting gdm2 as a login screen. I'm able to log in as
a normal user. But when I change something. it thinks it's changing roots
Gnome config. And indeed all changes I make are affecting all users.

Thinking it was somethign pecuilar about by . files, I creatd a whole new
test user, just using adduser. This user exhibits the same problem.

BTW, am I the only one thta thinks that the new panel icons look uglier
than the 1.4 ones?

neither liberty nor safety."
                                                -- Benjamin Franklin