On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 12:09, stan wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 10:14:59PM -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 21:01, stan wrote:
> > > I'm trying to get Gnome 2 up and running on a TABLE machine. I've built the
> > > gnome2 port, and I'm getting gdm2 as a login screen. I'm able to log in as
> > > a normal user. But when I change something. it thinks it's changing roots
> > > Gnome config. And indeed all changes I make are affecting all users.
> >
> > What changes?  There are a lot of configurable options in GNOME.  Care
> > to narrow it down a bit?
> >

> additions to the panel.

Additions to the panel (like adding a launcher) only affect the current
user.  I've tested this.  The only difference would be if you're running
as root.  Then, you can actually edit the /usr/X11R6/share/gnome space,
and you could make global panel changes.  You may want to verify you
haven't set anything setuid to root, you're not actually logged in as
root, and you don't have any write permissions under
/usr/X11R6/share/gnome.

Joe