Sorry about the top level reply.  I missed the
original posting.

With respect to the plus and minus keys; are you using
the ones on the keypad? I believe only the ones on key
pad work.

Sorry I am stuck on another machine (not fbsd),
otherwise I would have tried it out.

Pete
--- Lee Harr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >I have spent over 2 days trying to install this
> software but no matter
> >what I do the desktop size always ends up being too
> big.
> >
> >If I click on alt + ctrl + - or + nothing happens.
> Tryed altering the
> >xf86config file it won't let me.
> >

> Are you editing the file as root?
>

> >Why is this so hard seriously its a pain.
> >

> Getting X set up right can be frustrating.
>
> Here's what I usually do.
>
> 1) log in as root
> 2) XFree86 -configure
> 3) ee XF86Config.new
> 4) look in that file for the mouse section
>     - replace /dev/sysmouse  with  /dev/psm0
>     - if you have a wheel mouse, add the line
>        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
> 5) look for the screen section
>     - add the line
>        DefaultDepth    24
>          or
>        DefaultDepth    16
>          before the parts that say
>             Subsection ... EndSubSection
>     - in whichever section you choose (16 or 24)
>         add a line
>           Modes "1024x768"
>             underneat the line that says
>           Depth 24  (or 16)
> 6) save the file (by pressing ESC-ENTER-ENTER)
> 7) move the file in to position with
>        cp XF86Config.new /etc/X11/XF86Config
>

> There is also a good page about this in the
> handbook:

http://www.FreeBSD.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x-config.html

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]"