At 03:28 PM 9/12/2003, Vincent Zee wrote:
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 15:19:42 -0400, Veritas wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 21:16:45 +0200
> Vincent Zee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>  Hi,
>>
>>  In the dmesg it comes up as ad5 but when I mount it, it can't find the
>>  device.
>>
>>  mount ad5 /music2
>>  mount: ad5: No such file or directory
>
> Try it as /dev/ad5 instead.

Hi, I tried that and I got the same response.

I also made a device entry for it in /dev

cd /dev
sh MAKEDEV ad5

mount /dev/ad5 /music2
mount: /dev/ad5 on /music2: incorrect super block

/\
Vincent

You need a slice there. If the system found the disk and booted fine. Look in /dev and see what is listed as ad5? Is there an ad5s1 ad5s2 ad5s3 ad5s4 etc? You will need to mount one of them.

ad5 is the disk, you need a slice or partition...