Hi all,

So I can get it right in my head (no theres a challenge). The correct steps for building a custom kernel is:

  1) update sources
7) rm -rf /usr/obj/*
  2) make buildworld
  3) edit kernel config file
  4) make buildkernel
  5) make installkernel
  6) reboot
  8) make installworld
  9) mergemaster

----Original Message Follows----

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 01:55:09AM +0200, Danny Pansters wrote:
<snip>
> > Not sure about your specific error, but it doesn't appear that you
> > are following the directions in the correct order.  I think it should
> > look more like:
> >
> > 1) update sources
> > 2) make buildworld
> > 3) edit kernel config file
> > 4) make buildkernel
> > 5) make installkernel
> > 6) reboot
> > 7) rm -rf /usr/obj/*
> > 8) make installworld
> > 9) mergemaster
> >
> > I've left out some intervening steps, but I think that this is more
> > the correct order of operations.
> >
> > Nathan
>
> rm -rf /usr/obj/* before buildworld not after. Your new world is in
> there :)
>
> Dan

yes!, thanks Dan.  i jotted down the steps to quickly and put step 7 way
out of order.  thanks for pointing this out.

Nathan
--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys D8527E49
<< attach3 >>