Hi,

You've opened quite a can of worms ;)

I would recommend PostgreSQL, I've always found it's documentation
to be great, the mailing lists great, and just getting it working
easier.

Then again I have likely have not given MySQL enough time..

This is indeed a topic, that with a bit of google and archive
searching you can probably answer your self.

jeff.