Is it possible to run too many nfsd's?

I remember back in 1992-1994 someone published a paper at Usenix (they were from Sun or Auspex, I don't remember) saying that performance went down if you ran more nfsd's than there were built-in process slots in your CPU. So, a Sparc that had 16 hardware context slots, running more than 15 nfsd's hurt performance because the CPU was thrashing.

Is there an equiv. setting for a Xeon processor?

--Tom

P.S. Here is the CPU data from dmesg from the host I'm trying to tune:

CPU: Intel(R) XEON(TM) CPU 2.20GHz (2199.76-MHz 686-class CPU)
Origin = "GenuineIntel" Id = 0xf24 Stepping = 4
Features=0x3febfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE ,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,DTS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM>
Hyperthreading: 2 logical CPUs