On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 12:07:54PM -0500, Charles Howse wrote:

> I have deleted the directories in /usr/ports and /usr/share/doc that I
> don't want.

You understand that the doc-all collection downloads into /usr/doc,
and it contains the SGML source that gets processed into the HTML or
other formats the Handbook is available in?  You will have to 'cd
/usr/doc ; make install' before anything will appear in
/usr/share/doc.

> Dr. Seaman says run 'make index' *OR* portsdb -Uu after cvsup.
> Kent says run 'portsdb -u' *AFTER* make index.

Current versions of portupgrade(1) will run 'portsdb -u' automatically
if they detect that it is necessary -- ie. if the INDEX file is newer
than INDEX.db.  But don't let that stop you running it by hand if
that's what pleases you.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                      Savill Way