On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, David L wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:59 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > FreeBSD 4.8
> >
> > I had a problem with my mouse in the PS port so I need to configure a
> > mouse in the USB port.
> >
> > In sysinstall I can't specify a USB port, how can I enable.
>
> Usb ports are reffered to as com ports,

Um... not by FreeBSD, at least.  "MPAREDES" needs to make sure the USB
daemon is running by modifying /etc/rc.conf to include

usbd_enable="YES"

usbd will automatically handle mice (by running moused, AFAIR, so you
don't need a moused_enable entry in /etc/rc.conf).  Of course, you also
need a kernel with the USB stuff.  GENERIC has it.