I am trying to connect a remote office to the corporate office using
pptpclient.

However, I am not able to connect, and I am seeing the following message
in /var/log/ppp.log

tun0:  Warning:  CHAP 0X81 not supported without DES.

>From what I have read, my understanding is that I am missing the DES
encryption library, or ppp has not been complied with DES support.

I am using FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE and pptpclient-1.1.0.

ppp has not been modified.

How can I check to see if DES is installed, and what else should I be
looking for?

Thanks for your help.

Jay