Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

Try reading the manual page of /etc/login.conf:

man login.conf

Another way of enforcing/changing the limits that a user process has is
through the 'limit' built-in command of tcsh or the /usr/bin/limits
system tool.  More information about these in the tcsh(1) and limits(1)
manpages.

- Giorgos

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I looked into this as well - the python process runs as root, which appears to have unlimited resource usage... that's kind of what confused me about this issue in the first place. Thank you for your response, though.

-njc