On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 22:01, Rod Person wrote:
> On Thursday 16 October 2003 03:54 am, Matthias Pirstitz wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm new to FreeBSD, so please bear with me :)
> >
> > I have a Fujitsu Amilo-D notebook with a Radeon Mobility M9 card, and
> > when I try to start X, it crashes with "Caught signal 11.  Server
> > aborting".
> >
> > There are no other error messages, only the following warning:
> > "RADEON(0): Bad V_BIOS checksum".
> >
> > I tried both FreeBSD 5.1 and 4.8.
>
> I'm using a ATI Mobility Radeon on FreeBSD 5.1. I've had no problems at all.
> What drive are you using in XF86Config, the 'ati' or the 'radeon'.

I tried both, but it doesn't seem to make any difference...

It just segfaults at startup, with both, the ati and radeon driver, with
and without dri or glx, with the normal xfree86 port and -snap, with
FreeBSD 5.1 and 4.8 - it's really scary :)

It only worked with 4.8 before I portupgraded everything - was that
xfree86 4.2?

Thanks for your help,
Matthias