Jud wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 20:04:39 -0400, Robert H. Perry
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[...]

> Unless there is a specific reason not to do so, cvsup and make world would
> seem to be an easier and altogether better way to go for an upgrade from
> one minor version number to the next.  Many users do this quite routinely
> (e.g., I do it once every week or two).  See <URL:
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cutting-edge.html#CUTTING-EDGE-SYNOPSIS>.
> While this section of the Handbook talks about the "cutting edge"
> development branches, -CURRENT and -STABLE, the same process can be used
> to upgrade to a -RELEASE.

Do you find it impossible to install binary packages after such an update?
Do you have to use ports after such an update?

I could never get packages to install properly after cvsuping my source.
I'm wondering if this is somehow by design, or if I did something wrong... ?

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,