Toni Schmidbauer wrote:
On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 10:14:19AM -0800, John DeStefano wrote:

I've just moved into an apartment in which drilling and
running wires is taboo.  Has anyone delved successfully into
the realms of wireless networking their FreeBSD groups?  My
main server is running 4.8-STABLE, and I have a client
machine running 5.1-RELEASE (which has been suspect to a lack
of driver support for its onboard NIC in FBSD anyway), but I
am not married to any of these releases and would
up/downgrade if a solution was available. I'd also prefer a
Wireless-G access point and adapter solution if possible, as
opposed to the much slower B solutions available.

man 4 wi. there you can find a list of support cards.

man 4 an has the straight dope on the aironet driver: I have been using it for awhile with FreeBSD 4.4 - 4.8.

--
Paul Beard
<http://paulbeard.no-ip.org/movabletype/>

A formal parsing algorithm should not always be used.
                -- D. Gries