Robin Schoonover wrote:
On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 21:08:56 -0800, Kris Kennaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 09:03:33PM +0000, Bborie Park wrote:

Hey all,

I'm using the pcm driver and everything related to sound works thus
far. But now that I'm trying to use Wine, it prompts me that I do not have /dev/sequencer.

I'm running Free 5.1 and have a sblive card, which works great. It looks several symbolic links are missing in my /dev folder, according
to the pcm(4) man pages. Specifically, I found that these are missing:

/dev/midi
/dev/music
/dev/sequencer
/dev/pss

Any ideas?

You need to make the devices with /dev/MAKEDEV - read that file for the available options.

He's running 5.1, which probably means he is using devfs.  That means there
is no /dev/MAKEDEV

Yep, don't have MAKEDEV. Thats the reason why I ask. Thanks for the help thus far though.