On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 06:24:11PM -0500, stan wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 05:30:29PM +0300, Joseph Begumisa wrote:
> > > atapci0: <VIA 82C686 ATA100 controller> port 0xa000-0xa00f at device 7.1 on pci0
> > > atapci0: Correcting VIA config for southbridge data corruption bug
> > > ata0: at 0x1f0 irq 14 on atapci0
> > > ata1: at 0x170 irq 15 on atapci0
> > > ad3: 39266MB <IC35L040AVER07-0> [79780/16/63] at ata1-slave UDMA100
> > 
> > Well the OS sees an ATA100 Controller which is good.  So i guess you could
> > first look into the issue of the ribbon cable as mentioned below so that
> > we can eliminate that.
> > 
> 
> OK, I have confirmed that all IDE cables in the machine, with the exception
> of the one going to the CD, which is on it's own controlere, are 80 wire
> ones.
> 
Here's the final dispotion on this issue.

I replaced the drive in the running machine this weekend, and put it in a
test machine. Then I ran IBM/Hitachi's DFT software, it passed the advanced
test with flying colors (again). So I decided to try the "excersise"
functioanlity (which is a bit hidden in thier menu). It failed this test
within 5 minutes. 

So I'ts on it's way to be replaced under waranty.

Thanks for the help on this!

-- 
"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety."
                                                -- Benjamin Franklin
_______________________________________________
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

Reply via email to